Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

we had been ttc for several years, and i suffered with a little facial/chest hair i went to my dr for further advice has we had been trying for a while, at first the dr thought i was suffering with pcos but all the test were clear and my hormone balance came back normal so i weren't suffering with high testosterone levels, we are now 7 weeks pregnant (naturally) but i am still suffering with facialchest hair has anybody else suffered with the same problems? please help!!



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

Its funny you mention that because we had this conversation with my obgyn this afternoon. She told me that her husband was giving her a hard time when she was pregnant because she had developed facial hair and on her belly. This is quite natural since during pregnancy your hormones are elevated.



It will naturally go away once the baby arrives.



In your case though with a previous history of facial hair perhaps you are just a bit hairier than most due to hereditary reasons, ethnic background and/or hair color.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

uh..no



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

Now is this an abundance of facial hair? First off how old are you. Obviously women with dark hair have this problem more than women with lighter hair. I get those damn sprigs on my chin and nipples and have to constantly pluck. Of course I am almost 33 years old but still hate it. If you have the same then it is just age and the curse of dark hair if you are younger than 24 it might be something else.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

its hormones dont worry, were you taking ivf or anything when trying to concieve? i had a thin line of hair that grew on my belly when i was 6 months preggers and then disappeared when i had my son i wondered if it was because i was having a boy- male hormones.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

You may need to see a reproductive endocrinologist or a regular endocrinologist because it may be another disease that may be causing you to have the facial and chest hair. I work for an ob/gyn and we have a lot of patients we have to refer out because they were diagnosed with hirsutism.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

Normal part of pregnancy. It will go back to normal when the baby is born.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

I have this problem as well. I found out that peppermint tea, twice a day, reduces the testosterone levels even more and the excess hair growth goes away. Don't know what effect this has on a fetus however, if any. I know it kills a man's libido.



Peppermint tea: 1 tsp. in 6 oz. water, steeped 5-10 min.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have noticed that I have some upper lip hait, and it's getting pretty noticable, the doctor said it was because of my hormones. It's not thick but every 2 weeks I use some nair upper lip cream and it takes care of it for me.



Facial hair and pregnancy? please help?

hiya love,



look dont worry about it if it was serious the doctor would of been able to diagnose something it may be your hormones are playing up and your osterogen levels are higher then usual, i am 34 weeks pregnant and my hair has got darker all over my body and that is due to my osterogen levels geetting highter due to pregnancy but before i got pregnant a few years ago my hair got darker and i looked like i was growing a beard, i bleached it and got on with life, with time it got lighter and faded. hopefully once my baby is born the dark hair should go. Anyway just relax and like i said if it is bothering you that much get some hair bleach for the face and use it on your body or where ever the hair is and put it on and it should 'disapear' as such. good luck my love and i wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment