Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can tea tree oil products cause facial hair growth in women?

I have been using a tea tree oil cleanser and spot-treatment for several months now, with great results. I'm a 19 y/o girl and was starting to get acne for the first time in my life recently, and these products really helped me.



However, I have noticed a significant increase in facial hair, which I am worried may be due to these products! I read recently that TTO products caused strange hormonal effects in young boys because they stimulated estrogen. This leads me to wonder whether it could be the cause in my increased facial hair. The hair has incread on the ENTIRE face. There is more "peach fuzz" where there wasn't before, and the hair is getting darker. I am wondering if TTO stimulated estrogen, possibly causing my body to produce more adrogens to balance out the effect? I have always had upper lip hair and I am middle-eastern so I am fairly hariy, however this sudden increased in hair in areas of my face where I never had hair makes me wonder. Does anyone know for sure about TTO?



Can tea tree oil products cause facial hair growth in women?

I have not read up on TTO products lately, but i have used it for years. I use it for everything, from cold sores, acne, to use on cuts and scrapes. I have put it all over my face, on countless occasions. i have not noticed any unnatural growth of facial hair.



I would recommend seeing a doctor. i would be more likely to think that the sudden growth in facial hair, has something to do with the acne onset, at 19. You may have a hormonal imbalance, which is causing both problems.



I hope that this is some help to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment